Sunday 29 August 2010

Albums I'm looking forward to... I

Greetings all. Today I thought that I would say a few words about a couple of albums I'm quite looking forward to. Both happen to be released on the 13th of September, they are Wonderlustre by Skunk Anansie and Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly by Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly. Both of these artists have been mentioned before in my various bloggings so I won't ramble with a lot of background like I usually do.

Oh no, but that means I'll have to find something else to ramble about, hmmm. Anyway, I'll deal with them one at a time. Skunk Anansie are a band that I've liked for a long time, their vocals (courtesy of their Frontwoman, Skin) are harsh, clever, and perfectly delivered, and combine cleanly with the parts played by the rest of the band. I had the pleasure of seeing them live at Sonisphere UK 2010 (see previous entry) and they were very good, their stage presence, especially Skin's, was amazing. So due to all of this I'm expecting good things. I've heard one of the songs from the new album (they played it live), and it was very good, although I'd need to listen to it again to elaborate much further. I think that it could be a very good album. It may not turn out to be one of my favourites but I think that it may manage to find a place in my top 5 albums of 2010. At the end of the year I will (attempt to) make a list of my favourite albums of the year, although I fear I may be more indecisive than ever, I'll have to see how it goes I suppose (ugh that rhymes, oh well I'll leave it there). If you're interested in hearing some Skunk Anansie I recommend you check out the album Stoosh, it's my favourite of theirs, although I haven't really explored many of their albums, I have a couple of others somewhere I think. What I'll do is I'll give them a listen before I post a review of the new album and I'll mention them in the critique. That sounds like a good idea. Anyway, onwards.

The second album I'm looking forward to at the moment is Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly's new self titled album. I've been a fan of Get Cape's music for a few years now, and I managed to see him live at a one day festival in a small venue. He was great live, and I have been trying to see him again ever since but none of his gigs are rarely near where I am and I missed the only time I could have gone to see him due to prior arrangements. Anyway, he currently has two albums released, the first being The Chronicles of a Bohemian Teenager and the second being Searching for the Hows and Whys. Both are very good albums in my opinion, with beautiful guitar picking along with clever and very political vocals. Personally I prefer the first album, but the second also has its moments. It's been a little while since the last album was released, it was released in 2008, so it'll be interesting to see how his music has progressed since then.

So that concludes this entry, I'll review both these albums when I manage to get hold of them. I'll try and acquire them either on or around the release date, and I'll post reviews as soon as I've given them a listen. Comments are welcome as usual, why not let me know what albums you're looking forward to this year?

Cheers,

big_friendly_letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment