Saturday 5 February 2011

Followup to "Musical Binges"

This is just a short update on the previous post. In the last entry I discussed the idea of "musical binges", and how I was having an Iron Maiden binge at the time of writing it. Since then the mass listening turned into a full marathon. By this I mean that I listen to all 15 studio albums in just 5 days. I could have done it quicker but I was out one of the evenings preventing me from listening to much.

Anyway the reason I thought this was interesting was the fact that even after listening to all those albums in 5 days of basically listening to nothing else I'm still not bored of Maiden. I realised when the marathon was drawing to close on Friday that this was a sign of just how much I like them. There aren't many bands that I could intensively listen to without getting sick of them after a while. In fact I can't think of any other bands that I could do that for.

Should you wish to, leave me a comment saying what bands you could listen to in a marathon, if you could, and why.

That's all for now, the as promised regular post that actually talks about something is coming. Soon...

Thanks,

big_friendly_letters

1 comment:

  1. Hi, music I listen to without stopping the playlist: Johann Sebastian Bach, Arvo Pärt, Kate Bush, The Cure, Element of Crime (German rock band), Funny van Dannen (German songwriter).

    Best wishes
    Ralf

    ReplyDelete