Tuesday 1 February 2011

Musical Binges

I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in this particular habit, the listening to one band over and over again in a short period of time. I thought I'd bring it up since I'm having a musical "binge" at the moment. The band that I'm overindulging in (although I would argue this point) is Iron Maiden. I doubt you're surprised since they're my favourite band but there you go. In the last three days I've listened to four of their studio albums all the way through as well as other bits and pieces. As I type this I'm on my fifth. The currently completed albums in this binge are:

  • Dance of Death
  • Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
  • Somewhere in Time
  • Piece of Mind
The album I'm playing now is A Matter of Life and Death. Anyway, so I'm enjoying that. But Iron Maiden aren't the only band that I've seen fit to listen to in superabundance. Many times I've done the same with HIM. However there's a problem with this one: last time I couldn't listen to any of their songs for several months. I very much wanted to, but every time I tried starting one I had to turn it off after a few seconds. So there are dangers to this drug, take heed.

The moral of this story? Use music responsibly and in a safe environment...

Cheers,

big_friendly_letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment