Sunday 9 May 2010

Things From This Year

Gosh it's been a while, so I apologise. To be honest the delay in posting something new is as much to do with being busy as it is to do with not having anything to say. But I hope to rectify that now. Anyway, onwards. Today's blog is going to focus on things new to me in music this year, whether new albums from bands I like, or listening to something old that I'd never listened to before.

I'll start with new albums.

As you may know if you have read my top five (or rather more as it turned out) bands' blog entry, you may know that I quite like a band called H.I.M. (don't worry if you didn't read that blog as I have just told you all you needed to know). Anyway they released a new album in February called Screamworks: Love in Theory and Practice. On first listen I could tell it was going to be an album which would take a large stake in my 25 most played songs on my iPod. This has turned out to be true. The album is utterly brilliant, a mix of great vocals and guitar lines, as well as the usual variance in styles that H.I.M. feature in their albums. My favourite tracks include Venere Veritas, Scared to Death, Heartkiller, and Love, The Hardest Way. But the rest of the album is still just great as well. All in all a great piece of work.

Another album I have listened to recently is Fever by Bullet for my Valentine. I quite like this band, not one of my top favourites, but I like them all the same. This new album, released very recently, is ok. I like Scream Aim Fire quite a lot, and this new album is a little different. I haven't listened to this new album enough for a full review, but I would say it's not too bad, but nothing compared to previous albums, it's worth listening to if Bullet are your thing, but don't expect too much.

Finally I have discovered, well not discovered as such, but I have listened to a band I haven't heard before after recommendation. I had been familiar with their name before but had never listened to any of their music, but after their music was recommended I decided to listen to some. The band in question is The Mars Volta. On first listen (which is currently my only listen because of various factors that contribute to make my life busy) I liked them a lot. I enjoyed the blend of effects with metal riffs as well as good vocals. I look forward to listening to more of their music as I have only listened to five or six tracks as of yet.

Well that just about wraps it up for now, as always feel free to comment, and I'll be back, hopefully within a couple of weeks (I apologise, I know I say this every time).

Thanks,

big_friendly_letters

No comments:

Post a Comment