Thursday 30 September 2010

Notable Artists... III

Ok so it's time for a new post. Today I'm posting another in the "Notable Artists" series where I write about a group that may or may not be well known but that I think is worth a mention. This entry is all about a band called Maná. Maná began in 1987, but before that they were known under a different name and had a slightly different set of members. They sing in Spanish and originate from Mexico.

So the first time I heard Maná was about a year ago, I heard one or two tracks and later bought the album Arde El Cielo which was the album which my then (and current) favourite Maná track was from. My favourite song by this band is Arde El Cielo from the album of the same name. The music they play is a lovely blend of rock and Latin American music, a combination that works really well. I admit that I'm not an expert on the band, I only have the one album, but I plan to get more in the future. The problem is that most of the CDs have to be imported for sale in Britain, so that has an affect on the price tag. Anyway, I try to understand the lyrics as best I can (they're in Spanish) and I do ok, I'm picking up phrases here and there.

The album is really good, it's got a lot of great tracks, I'll try and translate names of songs where I can, but I may be wrong, I'll do my best. Some of the highlights for me are: Dejame Entrar, Clevado en un bar (Stuck in a Bar), Arde El Cielo (Burn the Sky). Most of the album (including the first two tracks listed in this paragraph) is live, Arde El Cielo and one other track are studio recordings. Overall it's a great album, and I enjoy the fact that it's from a different culture, it adds even more variance to my already varied music taste. I enjoy listening to music from other cultures; bands from other countries that I've mentioned include Rammstein the German Industrial Metal gods and The Fifth Ocean from Russia. Anyway, that just about wraps up this entry about Maná. I thoroughly recommend that you check them out, they're very famous so if you want to find out more they'll show up in a search engine. So this is goodbye for now, until next time which I will try to make fairly soon.

Cheers,

big_friendly_letters

No comments:

Post a Comment